Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Egg Burji (with Egg Whites)


Egg whites is an addition to our new healthy eating regime.For some reason I dislike eating scrambled egg whites for breakfast. Though, I know that it is high in protein and very low in Carbs I cannot trick myself into eating it and on other hand my husband loves it. So, I had to find an alternate(tastier) way to include in my menu and that's how I ended up making Burji with egg whites.

  Ingredients:
  Egg whites ( Canned) - 2 cups
  Eggs - 1 
  Onion, chopped - 1
 Green chillies - 6
 Curry leaves - 1 stem
 Corriander - 1 stem
 Urad dal - 1 tsp
 Chana dal - 1 tsp
 Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
 Chaat masala - 1 tsp
 Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
 Cooking oil 
 Salt

 How I made this: 
 1.Take 2 cups of egg whites in a bowl, add 2 eggs and beat well. 
 2.In a pan, add little oil,  mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and let it splutter.
 3.Add curry leaves, chopped onions, green chillies and saute for 10 minutes.
 4.To this, add chaat masala, garam masala and salt and fry for 5 more minutes.
 5.Add beaten eggs, and keep stirring it. 
 6.Chop corriander and egg to it and cook for another couple of minutes
 7.It tastes good with roti as well as rice


No comments:

Post a Comment